Preserve Our Parish Community and Diocesan Center – Help Us Build the “St John of San Francisco Benevolent House for Seniors”!
Our Parish Community is a unique “oasis” from the secular world. Our little “Russian Village” reminds us of our roots and culture. It is here that we truly feel our identity as Russian Orthodox Christians. It is hard to believe that a very simple chapel built over 80 years ago has become a cathedral, school and, now, the center of the Eastern American Diocese. For all of this we can only be grateful to God.
This year, our Parish Family faces an especially important challenge. The property immediately adjacent to the parish grounds–known as “Rodina”–has been put up for sale for 1 million dollars.
The “Rodina” property consists of 12 acres and a large building with a main hall that seats 500 people. It is our sincere desire to erect, in the near future, a Benevolent House dedicated to St. John of San Francisco, which will provide housing for seniors and parishioners in need, a food pantry and much more. We are called to do good works to the glory of God, caring for our seniors and others needing help. What better way to preserve our parish community and to fulfill our mission of supporting our parishioners on their path to salvation and bringing people to the Orthodox Faith?
However, the first priority is to take ownership!! We are in the process of obtaining a mortgage to purchase the property. It is very important to secure as much money as possible in donations along with loans from parishioners and others to reduce the amount of the mortgage that we take.
HOW YOU CAN HELP – Your support is vital, and there are many ways that you can participate in this project:
- Pray for the welfare of our parish and for this project. Participate in our Sunday Cross Processions if you’re able.
- Make a donation or monthly pledge. Scroll down for the online donation form.
- If you are able to lend a large amount (e.g. $25,000 or more) please contact us at 732-364-3330 or email@example.com
- Share this information with others. It is very important to spread the word about this project to anyone who may be able to help.
HOW TO MAKE A DONATION, MONTHLY PLEDGE OR LOAN
In all likelihood, we will need a loan to purchase “Rodina” and to build the future St. John’s Benevolent House for Seniors. In order to repay this loan, we will need to make large monthly payments. If families and individuals would pledge to donate monthly, we could easily pay off this loan. The greater the number of donors, the more quickly the loan can be paid down and more funds put away for the future. We hope that YOU can be one of those donors! Any amount helps, and we are grateful for your support.
1. If you are able to lend a large amount (e.g. $25,000 or more) please contact us at 732-364-3330 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2. CLICK HERE to make a single donation.
3. Fill out the form below to set up your pledge. The amount will be automatically charged to your credit card or PayPal account. (Note that you must have a PayPal account or create one in order to make these recurring payments. You will still be able to choose to have the funds charged to your credit card if you so desire.)
A $1000 donation entitles you to have one name entered into the Golden Book for perpetual commemoration at every liturgy.